This was our favorite card at my class last Sunday so I wanted to share how to make this fun card. This suite is my absolute favorite in the new annual catalog.
How to make this card:
- Cut a piece of Balmy Blue card stock to 8 1/2″ x 4 1/4″ and score at 5 1/2.
- Cut 2 pieces of You’re a Peach Designer Series Paper (DSP) 4″ x 2 3/4″. You will adhere one of these on the inside and one on the outside of your flap as shown in the picture above. Cut another piece of DSP 1/2″ x 4 1/8″
- Cut a piece of Pale Papaya card stock to 3 1/8″ x 4 3/8″ and set it aside.
- Cut a piece of Calypso Coral card stock 8 1/2″ x 3″ and score it at 4 1/4″. After you burnish this piece along the score line you will adhere it to the piece of Pale Papaya card stock making sure to leave a small border. I used the multipurpose liquid glue. Now you can adhere this to the inside of the card with a strong adhesive. I centered it onto the Balmy Blue card stock.
- Cut 2 pieces of Basic White Card stock 2 7/8″ x 4 1/8″. Adhere one inside your piece of Calypso Coral card stock. Be sure to stamp it first, or you can add a cut out blossom, like I did. The other piece will be your card front. Stamp your sentiment in Pear Pizazz ink and then adhere the strip of DSP. Then you are ready to decorate it with a branch, blossoms and a peach. I have 2 TIPS: 1. For the branch, use an adhesive sheet applied to the Pear Pizazz card stock before you cut it out. Then you don’t have to mess with glue! 2. To get the peach to have color variation, I first stamped the peach in Pale Papaya and then I used a sponge dauber to apply to Calypso coral to the stamp before I stamped the image.
Aren’t these colors pretty together? I hope that you will make one of these fun fold cards, or use this color combination, or both! Thanks for stopping by! All the supplies that you need to make these cards are listed below.