Today I am sharing a special card that I made for my father. He enjoys gift cards so my cards tend to be gift card holders. I am so glad that the Sailing Home stamp set and coordinating Smooth Sailing dies have carried over to the new annual catalog as these images are so detailed and are perfect if you like to do a little water coloring. You can make a striking card with very little effort.
I hope that you like this card. I was inspired by one that Patty Bennett shared. If you want to make one of these cute cards you will need:
- Start with a base of 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″ in Pacific Point card stock
- A piece of 5 1/4″ x 4″ of DSP to layer over the base piece. I used the Calypso Coral stripe from the You’re a Peach.
- 9 3/4″ x 4 1/4″ Pacific Point card stock scored at 3 1/4″ and 6 1/2″ and make it into a Z fold. This will be your accordion portion of the card.
- Cut a piece of 3 1/2″ x 4 1/2″ card stock to be a frame to adhere under the accordion piece.
- 5 pieces of 3″ x 4″ card stock. I used DSP for one of them and watercolor paper for some panels. The middle one on the “inside” of the accordion I made into the gift card holder by adhering a piece of 3″ x 2″ card stock that I notched with the retired 3/4″ circle punch.
Thanks for stopping by!